20 July 2014

Requiescat in Pace -- James Garner

One of my favorite movies is Victor/Victoria. I can (and have) watched it over and over. Needless to say, I am a big James Garner fan.

WhileVictor/Victoria is a fave, I have a huge fondness for Westerns and in that field, Garner was a staple. When I was a kid, I had three favorite Westerns that I would watch at those moments when I needed to smile, or when I was bored, or when I just needed to be in a different space.

The first is Support Your Local Sherriff.
Followed by the sequel, Support Your Local Gunfighter.
I know what I'll be doing this afternoon.

 

4 comments:

  1. Love, love, love Victor/Victoria, my go-to movie when I want to just escape the world and cheer up. Miss guys like Garner -- and Cary Grant, for that matter, although he's a different persona -- who were so masculine, but completely at home playing otherwise.

    Glad you are writing more again. Until now, I hadn't commented, but I always read. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a native Oklahoman, I always adored James Garner. I always thought of him like a better looking Will Rogers: funny, true to himself, charming, self assured. Listening to his voice always reminded me of home. While I loved Victor/Victoria, my heart always belongs to the Rockford Files.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good guy down. Boo hoo hoo. Yes, Victor/Victoria will always be his flagship movie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some celebrities give the impression of being genuinely nice people and I think JG was one of those. An article I read about him the other day supports that. Yes, RIP. He was good in 'The Great Escape' and 'Notebook' too.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin