25 June 2014

Cocktails At The Burn Pit -- Rehoboth Edition


No, I am not at Rehoboth.  But this shark was. 

My friend, Catherine, has a big old house in Rehoboth and I am always getting photos of soft-shell crabs, shrimp, and beach drinks.  Last time I was there, Catherine's mother, who is a tad bit older than I,  took me on a walk.  I kid you not, Celia walked me practically to New Jersey.  I was pretty sure I saw Chris Christie.  Then I had to walk back.  Seriously, I couldn't let her walk back alone and then send a car for me because I had collapsed!

Recently, on that very beach, a shark came ashore.  A live, moving shark.  I told them to be careful out there walking on that shark infested beach.  Catherine said it would make a good Cocktail At The Burn Pit.  She was right.

Our cocktail is a variation of Sex On The Beach, a drink generally containing vodka, orange juice, cranberry juice, and peach schnapps.  Peach schnapps -- I don't think so.

Here is our version.

Shark On The Beach

2 ounces gin
1/2 ounce Cointreau
2 ounces orange juice
2 ounces cranberry juice

Add all the ingredients to an ice filled shaker. Shake, then strain into a highball glass filled with fresh ice. Garnish with an orange slice.


Remember, if Celia asks you to go on a "little" walk, offer to stay home and bartend, instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin