22 April 2010

Hamburger Salad

I love hamburgers, but I hate those big slabs of tomato or onion that one often finds slapped on the top. So when I make hamburgers, I like to make a little salad to top it off.


Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato Hamburger Salad

1 small head of iceberg lettuce, finely chopped
1 tomato, chopped
1 red onion, chopped
4 slices of bacon, fried crisp and crumbled
1/4 cup of mayonnaise

Mix the above ingredients in a small bowl. Top off your burger.


I admit, it is a little messy, but not as messy as when that big ol' hunk of tomato slide off the burger into your hand. Give it a try. You will be a convert!

3 comments:

  1. hamburgers are my favorite food, believe it or not, and this is an ingenius idea! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yum! Have you tried Edna Williams BLT salad-similar, oh my. I am going to try this one. wonder if constance spry ate burgers! pgt

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love BLT salad. My Mother made a version to keep me eating salad. I make a roasted tomato and garlic dressing for mine and turn it into a Southern Panzanella.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin